New generation of SLI boards: ASUS A8N32 SLI Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNagual

ASUS has just come out with their next generation of SLI boards, with some nice improvements over the A8N-SLI series.

1. Instead of two x8 slots in SLI mode, the new boards have dual x16 for full-bandwidth from each card. 10% efficiency improvement. This new chipset is still the nForce4 SLI, but with the added tag of x16.

Nforce4 SLI x16 chipset

2. The SLI slots are now spread further apart from each other, so bigger and better cooling solutions can be added on.

3. Fanless cooling, using heatpipes. Silence is always a good thing. But this time around they have included some optional fans you can attach if you want to for extra cooling needs.

4. 8-Phase Power Design, delivering steadier power supply for the CPU by generating less heat than conventional power solutions.

Here is the official page for the board: http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=0&model=744&modelmenu=1

do tell plsz sir what is the difference in the Asus A8N E and the Asus A8N-SLI. I am lost but one of these boards will be mine next month when I build new. TY ;)

There is basically just one major difference between those two boards you mention, and that is the SLI part.

What SLI does, is it allows you to install TWO identical video cards, and connect them together for even better gaming performance.

It is a nice little feature, especially for upgrading in the future. For example I have the A8N-SLI deluxe board, and one 6800GT video card now. In 6 months or so, when I feel my graphics are getting a little slow, I can purchase another 6800GT and plug it in there to upgrade my system a bit.

The A8N-E board is a fine choice. It has the nforce4 ultra chipset which is an excellent one, and it is more than willing to take the top of the line PCI-e x16 video cards. To be quite honest, all you need is one anyways. It is my opinion that SLI is for people who like to have things just for the sake of having them..... like me! ;)

Hope this helps!

TY DonNagual. That answers my ? and makes my decision much easier. I will stick with the Asus A8N-E seeing as I am not a gamer and don't need 2 video cards at all.

Hey, no problem at all.

Why don't you start a new thread and list out all the parts you are looking at buying and get some feedback from everyone?

Always a good idea, and can save you some major headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back