New gigabyte ga-7n400pro mobo doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.

SornyPanafonic

i just put in a new (by new i mean reburbished - but its new to me) giga mobo (ga-7n400 pro) and it wont start windows properly. first i got a long beep so i cleaned out cmos and the beep went away. then it would see my hard drives and dvd drives in bios but afterwards when trying to boot, it would do a "ide scan" and find nothing. so i turned off the gigaraid and sataraid chips. the "ide scan" screen went away. now i get a windows didnt start screen with the usual start in safe mode... regular windows boot up. i did regular and safe mode and for a split second i saw the xp logo with a fuzzy blue background then it went out black. the comp then i guess reboots and back to bios back to the windows screen and so on in a loop. no clue what to do. thinking about putting in the windows cd and see if i can maybe fix any window problems it might have - but i cant find the cd. the mobo might be busted but seems to work fine enough to regonize the drives in bios and their sizes and names and everything. any help will be greatly appreciated. much thanks.

Did you just replace the motherboard in an existing PC with installed XP?
If so, you better start looking for your XP-CD and prepare for a re-install over your existing XP, because all the hardware of your new mobo needs to be recognised by XP. You should also have got a CD with your mobo-specific drivers, which need to be installed in XP.
Do a Search on this forum or in the 'Windows OS' forum to find out exact details on how to do this re-install.

i did install it in a existing pc. i know i should look for the cd but im a lazy lazy man. thanks for the idea, i am going to try it and see what happens. guinness is good but i cant just drink it - i usually get drunk of killians irish red, harp, coronas and a few others then drink guinness to wake me up. if i cant find the cd im screwed right? probably...

That's right, you WILL need your XP-cd for the re-install. By doing this, you will keep your existing (ahem-stuff) programs and files intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back