New girl in town, limited technical background

By SissyNat
Dec 29, 2005
  1. Morning, chaps.

I'm Nat. I'm rather new to this community, and I hope that I can get some help with some of my computer issues. I hope nobody gets frustrated with my seeming lack of experience - I have a couple years of programming experience but am a little behind on the software side of things. I just bought a built-up beast machine (specs are in my profile) that I'm having a few maddeningly frustrating problems with...but please dumb down your posts for me. =P I understand a lot of things, but at the same time, there are still many things I don't know, so I'd rather be on the safe side.

On an unrelated and random side note, I speak, read, and understand Japanese. 宜しくお願いいたします!
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Welcome, but let's use English in this international forum ;)
  3. SissyNat

SissyNat TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the welcome! And yes, I find it a bit easier to communicate in English than trying to come up with the correct kanji. =P
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

t's best that we DON'T dumb down our posts.... that way you can learn! Dumbing down education is one of the worst things that has happened in recent times. People learn when it's hard and challanging!

If you don't know.... ASK!

We're here to help!
  5. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

Tedster's got it. If you don't understand we'll do the British thing and just shout louder. :)
  6. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan TS Rookie Posts: 45

Welcome new girl, and It will be quite lengthy, but I'm sure we can add the technical information, along with a simple explanation of any of your problems. If you need any help, I usually post on the techspot forums every day, so you can send me a PM or write a post, and I'll try my best to help you.
  7. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello SissyNat and welcome to Techspot.

No need to worry. Most of the guys around here are very friendly and patient.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  8. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

yup - that sure is a british thing..... on occassion I'll watch parliament on CSPAN.
    you guys are just as a bad as our congress..... perhaps worse.... Our congress is always good for a laugh (watching overpaid clowns).... but parliament?.... that's a boxing match!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.