New Google Browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

According to this New York Post article, Google may be set to give IE some competion in the near future.

.........blogs and analysts believe Google is working on an instant-messaging program and a Web browser to challenge Internet Explorer.

The browser strategy is supported by other clues as well. Last month, Google hosted Mozilla Developer Day on its campus, a gathering of programmers that work together to build sequels to the re-named Netscape browser. Mozilla, which is "open source" and available to anyone, could be shaped to Google's specifications and be embedded with Google search, Gmail free e-mail and other Google applications.

"I'm willing to bet that somewhere in the Google computer system are the seeds of a browser," Stein said.

Now THAT would be an interesting concept. I'd like to see the timeline on it though......could be short if they've got some ex-M$ developers in their pocket.

When working on a browser, I don't think having ex-MS programmers on your side is a good thing.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back