TechSpot

New Google Glass models ship with twice as much RAM, larger battery

By Shawn Knight
Jun 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Google has updated its Glass hardware just ahead of this year's I/O conference in San Francisco. The revised eyewear now includes twice as much RAM at 2GB as well as a larger battery and improved firmware that combine to keep...

    Read more
     
    misor likes this.
  2. VitalyT

    VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,944   +576

    Imagine they upgraded it to 4GB, how pissed the "explorers" would have become! :)

    It goes without saying, only 5% of people look smarter wearing Google Glass, while the rest 95% look dumber. If you figure out which one you are, you very well may be the minority, though I still wouldn't take the chance.
     
  3. misor

    misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,020   +153

    I'd love to misplace this google glass 2 into a 'blond only ladies room' for scientific purposes: are blond ladies really dumb or am I dumb enough to commit crime in a blatant way?
     
    Darkshadoe likes this.
  4. cliffordcooley

    cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,137   +1,530

    What you are suggesting is that the 95%(explorers) just became the dumb ones. lol
    I would say that if you find a need to commit this crime to find out, it is not the blondes that are dumb.
     
  5. "VitalyT said:
    It goes without saying, only 5% of people look smarter wearing Google Glass, while the rest 95% look dumber. "

    These 95% need Googleglass because not just look dumber but fact is.
     
  6. cliffordcooley

    cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,137   +1,530

    What? Someone needs Googleglass, so they can translate their native tongue in real time.
     
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

    Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,207   +776

    Don't believe all the 'blonde women' jokes you hear. :)
     
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

    Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,207   +776

    There are places and uses for these Google glasses in many circumstances but Google touts them as a must have fashion accessory. I'll have to laugh at people who refuse to wear their prescription glasses citing it makes them look dumb and encourages people to call them '4 eyes'. I guess that's all about to go out the window with Google's new contraption. As far as I'm concerned, you can keep them... until they don't look so ridiculously obvious and most importantly, they come down to 50 bucks or less.
     
  9. misor

    misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,020   +153

    hehehe. I have a friend working in the medical industry who wears eyeglasses for his 'eyesight problem'. I suspect he is just faking and just use the eyeglasses for the 'dignified look' as he does not wear any prescription eyeglasses when playing basketball.
    (afaik, doctors with eyeglasses have more patients. I could be wrong though. :) )

    kidding: hope the larger battery is not in the car or as large. :)

    lol, 'smartpeople' now have devices which remind them of the same everything.
    smartwatch = tells time/vital signs, informs emails, take pics/videos
    smartphone = tells time, informs emails, take pics/videos, package tracker via app/internet.
    google glass = tells time, informs emails, take pics/videos, tells where the car is, package tracker
     
  10. captaincranky

    captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,834   +925

    Just make sure you put the seat down after you plant the glasses.......
     
    misor likes this.


Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.