New graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

takaboku

I would like some advice on getting a new graphic card. My system: Intel D875PBZ, Intel 4 3.2GHz, 2gig memory and presently using a Radeon 9800 Pro. Thanks...

What interface do you want (i.e. PCI, AGP or PCI-e), what is your budget and what do you want to do, e.g. gaming, video editing etc

http://www.hardware.info/images/news/motherboard_productimage_ga945pds3_rev20_big.jpg

Ok the white slots on the left ( and the little black ones) are the "interface" that was mentioned above. The white ones are called PCI slots and that is where you put your expansion cards like a graphics card. The black ones are PCIe x1 slots. There are also PCIe x16 slots which is typically the ones you want if you want to game. And there are AGP slots as well, which are the slots that most people used for gaming till the PCIe x16 ones came out. Ah just noticed something that kinda blended in with the color of the motherboard, which is the PCIe x16 slot in that pic. It is between the white and black slots on the left and is blue. They can vary in colors though. But typically the PCI is white the PCIe x1 is black and I think that AGP is brown or black but not sure on this. You can see that the PCIe x16 slot is set back farter than the other ones and is longer. You will have to tell us what kind of computer you have in order to really help you out on this, or you can look inside your case and see if you can figure out what kind of slots you have.

The 9800PRO is an AGP card, so you definitely have an AGP slot. This is confirmed by your motherboard's specifications page on Intel's site. IMO, this card is perfect for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back