New Graphics Card.... New Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingPhallus

Hi Guys, I'm hoping for someone to shed some light on some major issues i've been having since installing a new graphics card.

Just upgraded from an ATI 9550 to an nVidia 7600GT mainly for playing BF2 (AGP interface).

Since upgrading, i've had nothing but grief when trying to play films in VLC, WMP, or in the plug-in WMP that are embedded in websites. If i try and load a DVD in WinDVD that also bogs my computer down and puts the CPU at about 60-70% load, and basically everything stops.

I never had a problem before with my old graphic card and i have installed the latest nVidia drivers for my new card. The new card is running at 42 degrees c and is not overclocked. BF2 plays ok, although I was expecting to run it on higher settings than medium. BF2 now crashed randomly too, which isn't a lot of fun :(

My specs are:

P4 478 3.0ghz 1mb cache
Asus P4R 800-VM Mobo
nVidia GeForce 7600GT AGP
1.75ghz RAM (1x1gb stick, 3x256mb)
...and a really cheap PSU, although it is 400W

Could it be the PSU? Any feedback help on any of the issues above would be MUCH appreciated.... thanks! :)

Sorry if my name makes me any less approachable for help....

I appreciate the two articles you posted, I have tried adjusting the aperture size and so far, to no avail. I have browsed the forums, looked through a number of topics and believe me, posting a new thread on a forum was my last hope, so once again, apologies for being an inconvenience but I thought that's what this forum is for? Help with technical issues?

Is something bottlenecking somewhere? This problem has really stumped me!

Thanks

Tom (my non-phallic name)

CCT - you really are the light in my life. All sorted; many, MANY thanks for your help. You have helped me, and I will now be nice to someone today

:)

Regards,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back