TechSpot

New Graphics Card

By Serapis
Jul 20, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, I am trying to find a new/better graphics card for my computer.... Here are the specs

Code:
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
               Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           System Model: AWRDACPI
                   BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
              Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.3GHz
                 Memory: 512MB RAM
              Page File: 295MB used, 954MB available
            Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
        DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
    I have a 500-600watt power supply. My Mainboard is a k7n2 Delta MS-6570L. I am looking into buying the SAPPHIRE 100171L Radeon X1950PRO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Video Card. It is what I think might be the best one I can find for my computer and myself. I am a big gamer. I play want to play Oblivion and all of the other top games that are out right now. I currently have a Geforce 5200, so I am very limited on what I can do. I am buying another Gig of ram as well. What I need to know is, will my computer be able to handle this card and is this card worth the $174.99 I am about to fork out for it? And is there a better card out there for about the same price? My computer is not PCI-Express compatible. Only AGP and PCI. Thanks alot for the help.

Also...My monitor is VGA...the card is DVI can someone point me to a good adapter so I could use the card?
  2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

I looked around before posting. You have found an excellent card.
  3. Serapis

Serapis TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for the input. But I also need to know where to find an adapter since my monitor is VGA and the card has DVI slots. And also is this card better then the other one I stated? ATI Radeon X1650 Pro / 512MB GDDR2 / AGP 8x / DVI / VGA / HDTV / Video Card. I don't think so, but I need some other opinions. Also need to know if the X1950Pro will work on my computer.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.