New Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCase

Hi,

I have a 256mb ATI Radeon graphics card now. I am a gamer and I would like to increase the graphics card but then thinking a bit more the only advantage would be slight increase in loading time if I would go for 512mb and it would support Directx 10 so there is no point really? I have a 19" screen and it works super graphics I currently got, can anyone tell me if there is really any point?

Thanks

well i aren't going for directx 10 for a while yet. I'm waiting for more games to come out that are directx 10.

I would stay as you are for the time being.

Regards Jase :)

Ok. I am planing to get a 32" HD screen so I will also have to get an HD Graphisc Card how well will it work on a 256mb normal graphics card for the time being?

Thanks

I think that would be ok, you might get some shadowing, but i think it would be fine.

I know its a TV, I want to go for a TV to connect to my computer instead of a mointor. What do you mean by shadowing

Thanks

Tv instead of a monitor?? Thats a very bad idea that wont work well.

He meant ghosting, where you get multiple images for a split second during sudden movement i think.

Tv's aren't cheaper. You can get a good monitor, with a reponse time of 2ms for around £200.

Edit: Yes, rik is right about the ghosting, and tv's don't go well for a computer.

Completely agree with you rik.

Also, 32 inch is not going to be a very good picture, especially as your a gamer.

Yes, but what you have got to understand is, like rik said, you are not going to get the quality as you would with a monitor.

They are two complete different things.

Jase123 said:
Tv's aren't cheaper. You can get a good monitor, with a reponse time of 2ms for around £200.

I was just replying to this bit. Maybe it is out of my budject then well thanks for your help

Thanks

No worries mate.

But consider your choice wisely, we have given you some points, so it's up to you what you get now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back