New Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I installed a new hard drive making it the slave.
The bios sees it as slave and in windows device manager sees it as a working disk. The problem I have, is Explorer doesn't show it along side with the c drive and my other two CD-Roms.
I was told I need to format the drive before windows will show it in explorer (my Computer). I have no problem doing a format with windows 98, but windows XP isn't helping. Someone also told me I could format it using disk management in accessories, but I don't have that, must be because I have XP home edition.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Thanks

Right Click on My Computer & click on Manage then go to Disk Management. You can now create new partitions & format them, until you do so the extra space on the new HDD will not be accessible.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Originally posted by Didou
Right Click on My Computer & click on Manage then go to Disk Management. You can now create new partitions & format them, until you do so the extra space on the new HDD will not be accessible.

PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

okay, I see disk mamagement now but the slave drive isn't there, only drive C: and my two cd-rom drives.

And thank you, glad to be here

Wait!

I got it now. I am not used to seeing this but I saw the drive was in a window listing below the listing up top.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back