New, Hello

By CarlB
Jun 5, 2005
  1. Hi, new to forum and thought I would say hello.
    I'm not that technical but learning, been looking around the different threads n' seems like every1 is helpful n' nice (etc...etc...!)
    Cool names by the way, should have come up with something a little more thought inducing myself!
    I do have a problem though (as you probably guessed) I have an Omnibook XE2 running win XP Home, the battery wont charge, says its charging in control panel but shows Batt as 0%, was running win98 which was ok but need XP for printer/scanner, other software.
    At the moment its just being used as desktop pc which isn't ideal. Could the battery be in need of replacing or is it a win XP problem?
    Any help would be greatley appreciated before I :knock: my Laptop into next week!
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It could either be the charger, or the battery. Take both to your local computer shop and ask them to test it for you. Probably cheaper than buying a new charger/battery.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

4. CarlB

CarlB TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Guys

Will take note and pop down to local conmputer supplier to check charger and batt.
    It went slowly but I have been using it as pc for couple of months now but its driving me mad!.
    Thanks for the replys.
    Hope to be on here a lot, cool site.
  5. CarlB

CarlB TS Rookie Topic Starter

Didn't know where topost this so put it here.
    Thank you Howard Hopkinson, I read your newcommer message about everest download. I have deen wanting something to list computer specs in detail for donkeys!
    Now know much more about my old Lappy than b4. Much appreciated
    (I have updated profile as advised!!)
    Thanks again, everest, love it, spent ages looking through the report, more interesting than an interesting thing with knobs on.
  6. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.