TechSpot

New Here, Name Is PuJo

By pujo
Nov 4, 2007
  1. Hey gang,
    Just want to say a few thing about me and why I am here.

I work in the Gulf Of Mexico on an Offshore Oil Platform on a 14/14 rotation.

The reason I am here is that I have trouble using MSN Messenger and a few other things here. We have internet from a satellite, but the speed really bites. Most of the bandwidth is for sending and receiving information from the PLC's and server to and from the home office in Houston.

I will investigate the forum and see what I can find out about my problems with these things.

Well, I am glad I found this site, and I am sure it will help with things at hand and things to come.

God Bless.
    PuJo

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

3. jmsjohnston

jmsjohnston TS Rookie

Welcome aboard. I have to post my new mail also, but I read yours and wanted to say hi because I moved to NY from Mccomb MS. I did some fishing off the coast of LA with my brother for some red snappers and we had a blast hooking up on some big guys on one of the pumping rigs out there in the gulf about 80mi south of Laffeyette LA were he lived until he was killed in a car accident. My whole family was oil rig workers. Father was a tool pusher for SEE. Service Equiptment and Engineering. My Uncle retired from Shell and was a Company Man that all the hands hated because when they saw that chopper coming out they knew he was about to chew on someones' ***. :) I never worked on a rig but I know the life your living. Take care and watch out for that derrik hand up 90'.

4. pujo

pujo TS Rookie Topic Starter

Great!!!!
    Glad to hear from ya! Yes, here in the gulf is a difficult life.
    I like the work and the PAY, but while I am here it really bites.
    I am having trouble with me MSN Messenger. I know that this is not the plac to post question here but I tried to post it in another place and it said that I could not post here. Anyway, this is the error message.
    IM Administrator: You cannot login to the IM Network because you have not registered your IM screen name(s). Please check with the Support Center for IM registration procedures.

I hope someone can shed some light on this message, what does it mean??

Anyway, I am 110 miles off the coast of Grand Isle, on the Continental Shelf.
    About 700 foot of water here, the fishing is great. I get to fish after work and there is Marlin, and Tuna and everything else you can think of.

Well, again, glad to hear from ya.
    Talk to ya later.
    Pujo

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.