TechSpot

New here

By tombriz1
Jun 7, 2009
  1. I've been building computers for personal use since the early 80's. I'm 67 years old, but still think you younger folks can teach us old dogs some new tricks. I'm not that interested in useing computers, but just love to build the things. (keeps my fingers nimble). I'm having monitor, and power supply problems that I am hopeing some of you will be able to help me with.
    My power supply is only 300 Watts, so I know that is too small to power the computer and monitor. I have a new 650 watt power supply on order and should soon be here. The computer fires up, but as soon as I hook the monitor to the video card, the monitor goes to sleep, but the computer keeps running.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,219   +157

Hi tombriz1,
    welcome to Techspot! the reason you have not had a response to your issue is that this is the area for new members to introduce themselves. try re posting the problem in the forum area. enjoy your stay, a lot of knowledgeable helpful folks here :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.