New Inspiron 9300 - BSOD - Device Driver Error - Take Pity on a Novice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete12231

Just got laptop new last week. Added a Belkin router and Belkin network card, Adaware, Norton Antivirus and Spyware Doctor. Computer crashed 3-4 times per day with BSOD and report of "error caused by device driver," so I got rid of Adaware, Norton and Spyware Doctor and replaced with Avast! antivirus and Windows Defender. No improvement. I am attaching 7 minidumps. Help!

Attachments

• New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
    22 bytes · Views: 6
Why Belkin?

Eric: I used Belkin because I was under the impression that a Belkin router plus a Belkin network card would give me a greater range on the wireless laptop. The Belkin is Pre-N, which I have read is a big improvement range-wise over most other routers.

When I removed Norton, Adaware, etc., I replaced them fairly quickly with Defender and Avast! I still had problems.

Howard: I will resend the minidumps as individual e-mails.

You could`ve attached all your minidumps in one post lol.

1 minidump is corrupt and unreadable.

6 minidumps crash at ntkrnlpa.exe. This is a Windows nt & kernel system file. They also refernence hal.dll. This is the hardware abtraction layer dll file. They all have a bugcheck of 7F.

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

I suspect a hardware problem of some description.

Start by going HERE and following the instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back