Poll closed Dec 18, 2006.
  1. poor

0 vote(s)
  2. clean

3. high end

4. extreme

By JimShady23
Sep 9, 2006
  1. Hey guys, just finished upgrading a few things in my case, got a new motherboard, Upgraded my CPU and GPU along with a few hard drives.

I also took a good deal of time routing cables and giving the finished product a very clean look I think. Give me your opinion.

Pictures are attached

Here are the system specs

AMD X2 4200+ CPU 939

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

4x 512mb OCZ Gold PC 3700 (2 gig total)

2x 250 GB SATA 2x 80 GB SATA 2 1x 160 GB IDE
    820 GB total.

XFX 7600 GT Xtreme ( Waiting on 2nd for SLI to get delivered tomorrow hopfully )

Audigy 2

Zahlman 120mm Cooler

Silverstone Zues 650watt PSU

Lian-Li Pc-65B case

2 purple cold cathode

4 purple LED case fans

3 1/2 7-1 media card reader

Floppy Disk

2 x DVD R/RW

Attached Files:

2. JimShady23

JimShady23 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 373

I got the second 7600GT in the mail today, so imagine my it in the picture :D
  3. F1N3ST

F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 596

Can you run some benchmarks wit only 2x512mb RAM, cause im building a simalir system, but with a 7900GS :D and a E6300. So im skimping on the RAM, only 1gb, but dude you have to get at least a 160GB HD so you can say you have a Terrabyte of HD space. :D
  4. nickslick74

nickslick74 TS Rookie Posts: 575

Nice install, very clean. Why went with 939 instead of AM2? Would have rated high end then.
  5. JimShady23

Basically i went the 939 route again because A.) I already had the 4200 laying around for several months before, even before an2 was released. Plus I didnt want to fork out the extra money on memory. From benchmarks I seen there is basically no improovment with DDR-2 with memory that is reasonably priced. If i went the ddr-2 route id probably get DDR 667 or such since it is more price effective. But the timing are too high. Put it this way, I can overclock my memory alone without affecting stock CPU speed to 533 mhz stable at 2.5-3-3-6 timings where as DDR-2 667mhz memory has a timing of lets say a really tight but high 5-5-5-15. Sure its 134 mhz faster but the lower timings with my ddr make it just about as fast in benchmarks.....

Im sure DDR-2 - 800-1000-1066 would be a differnt story. Since at them speeds timings shouldnt matter as much.

But all in all i prefered to add a few more hard drives and get my video up on par before making an investment into a new platform that at my budget would not perform any faster than what I already have. I think i made the right choice for now....
  6. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

I am just makeing a comit so any one will understand my vote which was extreme and that is because I can not understand anyone wanting to spend that kind of money on something for show most will never see

7. JimShady23

Dont have to imagine....

Ok Now you dont have to imagine anymore. Here are the pics lol.

As for it being to extreme ? I dont think so, it wasnt as expensive as one might think and as for noone seeing it ? I see it, I enjoy it and the few people that do get to see it enjoy it also.

Attached Files:

8. JimShady23

Come On Posters !!!!!!

I know a lot more people are on techspot than this :D get you butts in here and cast a vote !!!!!!!!!
  9. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Pretty good system mate!!

It should handle every game without any problem.

Congratulations :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.