New Jetway pm9ms motherboard wont play sounds...Dxdiag says "no sound drivers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, first off, I would like to introduce myself...You can call me BluePriest the newbie if you'd like...lol...

Heres what I'm running with...
O.S- Win98se
Jetway PM9MS Mobo...PM800 North Bridge Chipset
P4-2.26ghz processor,
256mb ddr ram,
Radeon 9200 series graphics,
Onboard sound...well sorta this is where the trouble starts...

I recently got this system up and going...and no sooner did I realize i didn't have sound!!??, The mobo, comes with dolby onboard sound but it just wont kick in...I've tried downloading the right drivers off the Driver disk,...but I don't know which is which, and I just keep removing my Codecs from the system and end up installing them again on startup...
I've run dxdiag.exe, and tested the direct sound, where I find out I dont have any sound drivers installed...?? I don't even get to adjust the volume, because its just grayed out..."however" when I run a music cd it plays fine??? but all operating sounds, sign on's, off's, games, etc are totally gone...
How Can i fix this, and please be kind, I'm really really knew at this...lol

IF you can help me out...the gesture would be greatly appreciated,

Brian- aka- Blue Priest

Sup, everyone....
I got the sound working Vega,
It turns out that it wasn't the board at all...but the O.S, I uninstalled 98se and re-installed xp pro, and everything works like a charm...

Future reminder for everyone thinking of getting a new board, Make sure you update the operating system too!! lol, well at least don't use 98se. 98, just doesnt have the driver support for the new boards coming out any more...not to mention Microsoft, doesn't even support 98se any more either... Well I appreciate the response Vega.

Blue Priest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back