New kid in the sandbox!

By academydanielle
Jan 5, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everybody! I'm so glad I found this site... I really first stumbled upon it in a panicked search to rid my school's laptop (I teach high school at an arts school in Chicago-- so the teachers could do an interpretive dance about nasty backdoor trojans, but maybe not so much fix them) of a (you guessed it) nasty, recurrent Backdoor Trojan that just keeps appearing at every start up. Really annoying! I think I started on the road to fixing it, but you can read all about that in the security thread.
    Since posting, I've been tooling about and am excited to show my hubby the gamers site. He'll love it. Heck, I will, too. I made so much fun of him for buying our Wii... then he caught me at 2am in my nightgown, sweating and cussing and trying to beat my "Li'l Oprah" Mii at tennis. Not one of my prouder moments.

Anyway- I'll give you specs, but they for a computer that's not really mine-- I just borrow it a lot! I'm super new at all this, and am by no means anothing but a novice, so thanks for taking pity on anything stupid I've done...

System specs as best as I can put them together...
    Dell Latitude D 620
    Genuine Intel(R) CPU
    T2300 @ 1.66GHz (Dual)
    981 MHz, 504 MB of RAM
    Physical Address Extension
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002- Service Pack 2
    Hitachi HTS541040G9SA00
    TEAC CD-ROM CD224E-N
    Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem
    Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
    Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
    02Micro OZ6912/601/711EO CardBus/SmartCardBus Controller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Hi academydanielle and welcome to TechSpot

To access technical support you will need to go to Here into the appropriate forum for any problems you may have.

You can also access many online TechSpot guides Here

Please read all guidlines and TOS Here before posting.

Info on Hijackthis log-file as an Attachment
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic19133.html

I see you have already made a post Here presently without reponse.
    You could place another message in that that same post, still asking for Help
  3. academydanielle

academydanielle Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thanks!

Yey! I feel all official now that you've replied, Kimland. I did read terms of service and think I posted my issue in the right forum.... if I violated anything, let me know.
    I was a bit reluctant to repost because one of the warnings I read was not to be impatient... but I will take your advice and post that I'm still in need of help. Should I copy what I'd initially written? Or should I just post that I still need help and add a link. (hmmm. probably need to look up how to do that!)
    Thanks for the warm welcome...
  4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Just ask for more help required in your post above
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.