TechSpot

New laptop is Noisy

By Help123
Oct 10, 2006
  1. Hi! I received a new laptop just yesterday. It a Sony Vaio FS515E and seems to be really good. Im not sure if I have a problem though. After using the laptop for about 4 hours when I switch it only it makes a lot of noise, like a purring of a cat but also some clicking. I wouldnt expect that from a new laptop and it wasnt doing it at first.

When I request the laptop to do anything it makes this noise but not as much as when it switches on. Please can you help me - should I contact the supplier and ask for a replacement or do you think this is normal???

TYIA!

2. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 716

I think you should contact the manufacturer although VAIO's are notoriously noisy and run incredibly hot...

Regards,

Korrupt

3. smore9648

smore9648 TS Rookie Posts: 697

I had a VAIO and it ran hot. I never had noise on mine though.

It might be vibrating against something near by. Make sure it has a solid base to work off of

4. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

sure the clicking isn't just the mouse 'click' sound in windows? can you describe it? ie regular, irregular, when you look for something on the HDD etc?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.