New laptop is Noisy

By Help123
Oct 10, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi! I received a new laptop just yesterday. It a Sony Vaio FS515E and seems to be really good. Im not sure if I have a problem though. After using the laptop for about 4 hours when I switch it only it makes a lot of noise, like a purring of a cat but also some clicking. I wouldnt expect that from a new laptop and it wasnt doing it at first.

When I request the laptop to do anything it makes this noise but not as much as when it switches on. Please can you help me - should I contact the supplier and ask for a replacement or do you think this is normal???

TYIA!
  2. korrupt

korrupt Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,060

I think you should contact the manufacturer although VAIO's are notoriously noisy and run incredibly hot...

Regards,

Korrupt
  3. smore9648

smore9648 Newcomer, in training Posts: 757

I had a VAIO and it ran hot. I never had noise on mine though.

It might be vibrating against something near by. Make sure it has a solid base to work off of
  4. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

sure the clicking isn't just the mouse 'click' sound in windows? can you describe it? ie regular, irregular, when you look for something on the HDD etc?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.