TechSpot

New Laptop with the dreaded blue screen prompt.

By ru1thirst
Oct 23, 2005
  1. Well I bought a new Asus z70va and love it but after about 2 days I got the blue screen. I've ran the mem test and no problems there or at least the ram "passed" 0 errors. I did update my x700 card drivers from the Asus site and still got the error about 2 days later. I then rolled it back and same thing. I'll try to zip my minidump here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

All your minidumps crash at ar5211.sys. This is the driver for your wireless lan card. Apparently this is a known issue.

Take a look at this article HERE

Regards Howard :) :)

3. ru1thirst

ru1thirst TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 78

Howard, thanks a ton! Believe it or not, that is good news. I received all 3 of those blue screens before I went to windows update about 2 hrs ago. When I did the scan the wlan driver update popped up. I updated it right away. So maybe this will take care of it? Do you think it was just an old driver with the Atheros 5005 card?

4. howard_hopkinso

It could well have been an old driver issue.

Did you read the article I linked?

Regards Howard :) :)

5. ru1thirst

ru1thirst TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 78

yep just did thanks. Was just wondering if that was the only thing that showed up in the minidumps? I'm hoping so. If not, I'm sure I'll be back with a new file. Lucky you. Thanks again.

6. howard_hopkinso

Yes that was the only problem that showed up.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.