New laptop won't connect to my home WiFi, but connect via Ethernet

Hello! This is my first time posting here, and I desperatly need some help with my laptop! I bought a new laptop a week ago and it will connect to every wifi, except my home wifi, but I can connect it via Ethernet cable. Phone, tablet and old computer all connect perfectly so I know my wifi is working fine. My computer had a defect in the keyboard, so I exchanged it for a new one, same model, at the store, and it still has the exact same problem so the model itself encounter the problem, and not the single computer I had. I can see my wifi connection in my list, but when I click on it and enter my password, it will write "Checking network requirements" then "Checking and connecting..." for a while (quite a long time...) and then it always end up by "Can't connect to this network". My computer is a HP Notebook 14-am038ca running on Windows 10 and I did all my windows updates on the startup. I tried many things and even called HP support, but nothing works, and nothing that I found on this website on similar posts worked either. I tried to uninstall the wifi driver and restart the computer, reinstall the driver software from the web, renew my IP adress, disable my firewall, update my driver, running the troubleshooting tool, and I even reinitialized the whole computer from the start....twice...on the advice of the guy from HP support. When I open the window that shows my wifi and ethernet connection, there's a red X on the wifi icon.

I don't know what to do anymore, I'm so tired of reinitilizing my computer all the time and I really need my wifi at home so I can do my school work elsewhere than sitting on the kitchen floor beside the router.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'm all ears! Thank you very much for your help!!!!

Go back to the store with your parents and ask to speak to the manager about exchanging it for a different make. You've done more than could be expected to get it running as it should. A new computer should run out of the box.

I know and this gets me quite pissed off. But I still think there must be a way to make it work, since the only wifi not working is mine. It was one of the only computer I found that matched the size and characteristics I needed and my budget, so I would like to keep that one. Could it have something to do with my internet provider? Thanks!

Back