TechSpot

New look for the forums

By LNCPapa
Jun 24, 2003
Post New Reply
  1. I really like the new look - nice and bright (as bright as I'd like it.)

2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Yeah it changed on me in the middle of a post, I returned and it was different. I thought it was my browser, but it is the look. I really like it Julio, makes things spicier.

3. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

Huh? Am I left out in the cold here or what, becasue I see no diffrence :( What is the diffrence, brighter colors??

4. DLx/P

DLx/P TS Rookie Posts: 103

agissi, I thought I was the only one out here in the cold.

5. poertner_1274

The colors are no longer white and light grey, they are now 2 different shades of blue, etc. Check each persons post, notice hte background color.

6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,565   +329

That's right, shades of blue have been changed as well as some border settings that go unnoticed but add to the overall looks.

I'm glad you like the change.

7. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,384   +15

lol....I did get up yesterday and notice the colors were diffrent, but I didnt think they were diff, I just thought they were always like that, except I was just then noticing... :p

8. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

I think its great. A splash of colour can work wonders and was just what the place needed.

Looks great in Netscape as well as IE, but the way.

9. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Nice work Julio! This is right timing for a fresh look. The new colour is great!

10. Julio Franco

I just modified a couple of things such as centering the user information in thread pages and removed the post count although this last one is only temporary to see how it goes for a week or so.

We are also discussing images & signatures, you are invited to participate:
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=6129

11. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,932   +126 Staff Member

Looks great Julio, I noticed it right away (just got back from Assen so haven't visited for the last week...)

12. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Its nice, but can you center the "Joined" and "Location" as well???

13. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

Seems to have more of a bright & bold, yet pleasing look.

14. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Nice changes!

After being away for 5 days (on a politics course), I thought there was something odd, as TechSpot hadn't looked like Opera before...

It's kinda strange with the lack of postcount, but the centerning of name and rank looks good!

The colours looks nice, but it'll take a little while to get used to...

15. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,623   +320

I wasn't a big fan of the new look at first, but now I like it.

I espically like the new re-vamped quote thing inside a post.

16. Julio Franco

That addition just went up yesterday, glad you to hear you liked it (and noticed it ;)).

17. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 1,040

I like it, it's really nice. I especially like how the quotes are not dull and boring anymore and have a nice highlight table arround them instead of just lines.

18. poertner_1274

I just got back from vacation and that was the first thing I noticed. Makes things a little nicer once again.

19. Maurice

Maurice Banned Posts: 653

As a Newcomer in training, I thught the Forum set-up was great anyway, it couldn't have been THAT bad before, surely?
    Today, I have been having a good look around your site, it's remarkable!, the amenities & accessability of all areas is top-notch. I have also printed off "Rankings Info" now I know where I stand, I hope everyone has done this. Also printed off "Postings; Guidelines"....perhaps I won't make so many bloopers in the future [see my 'spat' with "Young & Wild" & my subsequent apology]...hope that this won't be held against me? perhaps a case of ignorance is bliss will let me off.
    For nearly half of my working life of 50 years, I held a pretty responsible job with the Home Office, hence my rather formal way of putting my points over, combined with the the fact that I appear to be the oldest contributor, makes me hope that I fit in OK with the younger ones on your site.
    Once again, thanks to Julio, & other "powers that be" for a most excellent organisation.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.