New machine: Upgrade to SLI 8800s or wait on G92?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built my current machine 3.5 years ago and with new games being released, I have decided it is time to build a brand spanking new machine capable of handling games for the next 3 years!

Anyway, I will be building this holiday season, maybe sometime around November (just going to be depending on releases and prices.)

Make no mistake this will be no rinky-dink computer, it will be built using top of the line components.

So now onto the problem at hand.

When it is time to begin ordering parts, should I grab a couple of 8800s or wait until the G92 is released and pick up a single G9800?

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20070902154658.html

It's supposed to be Nov 12th, but who knows? It could be delayed, post-poned, cancelled, or not be what it's all cracked up to be. Maybe the 8800's will come down in price? You might want to wait till the end of Nov and see what shakes out.

What are "compatability errors"? If your referring to DX10.1 nothing is out that would use it yet, and anyway it would be backward compatable so I have no idea what your referring to.

You could always get an EVGA 8800 and then use the step-up program, at least you could get your new system off the ground. Just an opinion. lol

:cool:
It's like Microsoft got everyone in an uproar about the 8800's not being usable after the G92's come out. At this point the 8800's are the best DX9 cards and will be able to play DX10. My 8600GT DX10 card will be worthless for DX10 by the time it becomes mainstream. Anyway how many true DX10 games are out now? And then they throw DX10.1 out there to make more $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back