New Mail Notification problems in Outlook XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

Well it seems my Outlook has begun to have new mail notification problems, which appear to have started after I set up a rule for spam based on this thread the problem I'm having now is sometimes when I get new mail thats not spam the envelope in the system tray doesn't appear. So if I'm not at my computer to hear the new mail sound then I don't know if I have new mail unless I maximize outlook and actually look.
This seems like one of those obscure problems caused by something somewhere corrupt, but I have no idea where to begin. Any suggestions?

Upon reading that massive confusion in WindowsOS (systray annoyance) I have seen others have had this problem too. But like I mentioned, that whole thread just became a mess with people talking about stuff like this problem that should have been in a new thread because it seems to be specific just to the new mail notification in outlook for at least 1 other guy.
All my other systemtray icons are fine, I don't have problems with them going away, only the new mail notification. I suppose I'll try and turn that rule off, but my guess is its not related. I'll post back if that fixes it, if not just assume the problem still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back