TechSpot

New Member Badflash

By BadFlash
Nov 21, 2003
  1. I thought this looked like a good place to offer help.
    I run BadFlash.com and would be happy to offer help with bios flashing questions and how to recover if you get into trouble.

I build PC's all the time, and get request for help all the time at my website. Feel free to e-mail any time and I'll see what I can do.

We often get to see when a new bios isn't working, and when they do. I'd be glad to let you know either way.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Cool, thanks for joining. Seems like once every week or 2 we get someone having flashing questions, never hurts to have another person that can answer their questions.
    And likely someone here can help you if you have questions on other things.

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Welcome aboard BadFlash.

It's always nice to have some good people around who specialize in certain things.

Feel free to ask questions yourself as I'm sure we can answer it :D

4. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 640

For some reason I think someone referenced (in a post) to your site when talking about how to recover your BIOS...nice to have you here...

5. BadFlash

BadFlash TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Spread the word at every oportunity about UNIFLASH for those poor folks stuck with a bios that does not support backing it up. Encourage them all to back up the image they have that still works and keep it in a safe place. Tell them to ALWAYS clear the CMOS between updates- BEFORE booting with the new image.

Lots of PC's come with Phoenix bios or some other brand-x. Uniflash allows for a backupof the old file as long as it recognizes the chipset and bios chip. If you know whaty bios chip it has, there are settings to override and force a certain chip size so you get a complete image.

It really sucks when you have an expensive laptop or new expensive desktop, have zapped the chip and have to send the motherboard in to be replaced because no one has a flashable image. Had they used UNIFLASH first, we could help them. Folks like Sony, HP, Compaq, Intel, Gateway etc. often use a proprietary bios format, and without that backup image, recovery if pretty tough.

A discussion of UNIFLASH and a link to download is on my FAQs page http://www.badflash.com/faq.html

6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,607   +289

Yeah, I've referenced BadFlash in posts in the past. Unfortunately the only time I have used your services my board was completely dead but I think it worth buying a new chip just incase the board was recoverable.. ( This post )

Anyway welcome to TechSpot, hope you stick around as your contributions are most welcome ;)

7. BadFlash

BadFlash TS Rookie Topic Starter

I may not have time to check in every day. but if anyone wants to give me a heads up on a questions, I'll come & check it out.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.