New member need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzy

I didn't know where to post this but anyway. I am having some problems with my computer, it doesnt turn on when I press the power switch, what could be wrong with it, it was working fine about 3 hours ago. im not very good with computers so please dont as me to check anything that I dont know.

well if it is not powering on you may have a few possible things to look at.

1# the power supply may have died..
2# your motherboard may have died.

3# your poower supply /motherboard capacitors may have retained a "memory" the last time you shut it down.. Some people will say i am crazy but oh well. i have seen this time and again and the following typically resolves many electronic device problems that will not turn on.

Here is what to try.

unplug the power cable from the back of the computer.
with the power cable unplugged press and hold the computers power button in for aprox 1 min.

Then let go of the power button.
And
Proceed to reconnect the power cable and try it now. If this doesn't work you may want to start diagnosing for 1# and 2#( Also note if you are not good with computers, or do not feel comfortable taking the case off and getting your hands dirty you may want to take the computer to a local computer shop. That is after you try option 3 because i think it will help.)

I have tryed all the advise you can given me but it still doesnt turn on. I dont want to take off the cover as my computer still has a 5 year warrenty. do u need to know any information about me computer.

Nope, you have said enough...

contact the warranty provider and make them fix your computer... Its as simple as that..

Why pay extra money for an extended warranty and not use it...

If it is under warranty you shouldnt' be out any cash for them to fix it either....

who should i contact, the maker of my computer is dmachines i think, the computer was a gift from my family so i don't really know who to contact

how do you know you have a 5 year warranty???

whoever told you is the first person i would ask.. then of course there is the computers technical support line.. I honestly do not have that information... a quick google search for manufacturer and technical support should give you their contact info.

i have a letter that came with the pc telling me it has a 5 year warranty, but there are no contact details on it

i done a google search but didnt find anything

the contact info should be listed somewhere in your warranty, if it is not talk to the person that gave it to you. only they will know exactly where they got it from..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back