New member

By marvinw3
Oct 27, 2008
  1. Hello, Just a 65 year old single Dad who is computer illerate needing help. Am retired from professional manufacturing staff manager. Born and live in nc. have also lived in Va, and Fl. looking forward to participating. looks like a good forum, especially for me. a person that periodically has problems with spyware, malware, etc, media drives, etc.
  2. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

I get a lot of "Senior" customers with my business (pardon the use of "senior" but it's the most polite word I can think of) I usually recommend they take a course in computer basics offered at a local school or college.

I did have one interesting "senior" once. I arrived at his place and when I walked into his computer room, I was stunned! he had this older computer with all these modifications on it. I asked who did that, he said he did! It was his retirement hobby. He was on a newsletter for computer hobbyists. And his problem as tricky!! It took me 5 visits to solve it! He really knew his computers let me tell you! I was IMPRESSED!!

-- Andy
  3. marvinw3

marvinw3 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I am not a complete illiterate. Having been working with pcs to various degrees, in my work since 1981, and at home since 1993. Thanks for using the word Senior rather than the word Old my 16 year old daughter and her friends us in reference to me, ha.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.