new member

By Soulhunter
May 11, 2007
  1. hello! I am an IT professional and tech hobbist from Minnesota, USA.

I'm often frustrated in my work at how often we encounter a problem and have to ask, "have you ever seen anything similar to ...?" Naturally I'm a big proponent of information sharing. I often find myself browsing knowledge bases, forums and boards in the effort to find pointers, if not specific answers.

I work for the Dept of Veteran's Affairs, and have an local architecture of more than 700 workstations, a combination of PCs and thin clients. Security and privacy are primary issues.

At home I have a small network of completely heterogenous PCs, running windows XP, Win 2K, Edubuntu, debian, and Xubuntu. With the exception of the laptop, I've done all the hardware myself. If I don't know the answer to a hardware issue, at least I can shake my head in sympathy and you'll know it's heart-felt.

My interests are in distributed computing environments, encryption, security and privacy issues, and squeezing the most out of yesterday's cutting edge technology.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

3. Soulhunter

Soulhunter TS Rookie Topic Starter

It is Done
  4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

Hi, pleased to meet you.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.