New members registrations suggestion

SOcRatEs

Has anyone considered making the "user profile", In particular system specs, a required part of registering? Offering New members the resources and links to utilities like "Everest".
It appears a lot of new members get here from a Google search, which bring them directly to the forum.

I know they sometimes don't know how to find the specs, and I think thats ok, part of being here is to learn. For this reason, maybe my suggestion won't work

I'm thinking it would speed up our responses to first time posts from, new members, that are comming here with, fire in the pocket :hotouch: PC problems.

Most often, the first response to a new comers post is to "ask them for they're system specs", this seems to create a time lag for most of us to respond with solutions.

Maybe keeping the creative juices flow moving. I've had some threads where a simple in nature problem took several weeks to work through, waiting for a person to post specs, in the mean time I've lost all memory of a solution or resource I had to help them.

Any thoughts on this?

This would scare off many users IMO. If someone has a problem that has nothing to do with their specific system (problems with a specific app or device or a computer that is not theirs) then they will just give up and go somewhere else instead of downloading and installing some program and filling up a lengthy form with information that will not help them in any way.

Good perpective, I had not thought about it from that angel.
I have to agree with you, I see I was being a little narrow.

That settles this for me, I will continue with encouragments
as I 've seen most do.
Thank you

Back