New memory speed is off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just bought 2x 1 GB RAMs to replace my old 2x 512 MB and according to the specs, the 2 new sticks should have a timing of 2-3-2-6 but according to CPU-Z it's running at 3-3-3-8. The RAM that I bought was the Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail from Newegg. I read the reviews and it said that I have to go to the BIOS to change it but when open up my BIOS Setup Utility, I didn't see anything concerning memory speed. My BIOS is American Megatrends. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I know some like gigabyte hide those setings, and pressing CTRL F1 will bring them up, some dont allow you to alter them at all, if you have the manual for your motherboard read that, it should tell you if you can adjust them or not, if you dont have the manual post the model of the motherboard and i'll do a search for it and let you know if it's possible.

When I moved into my new house I put the box containing all my computer manuals somewhere and now I can't seem to find it. My motherboard is a ASUS P4SD-VL and thanks for the help Darth.

Anyone know how to change the RAM speed / timing? My BIOS Setup Utility have 5 tabs; Main, Advanced, Power, Boot and Exit. Checked all 5 and nothing in them has anything to do with RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back