TechSpot

New MOBO and CPU and having XP probs!

By Jimmy_Hooooo
Oct 9, 2007
  1. hi all! had a bit of a read through some other threads but didnt really seem to cover my prob to well. ive just fitted:

AMD 64 X2 6000+ CPU
    ASUS M2A VM MOBO
    Corsair 1gb ddr2 667mhz RAM
    have over 10gb free on the HDD, but im not installing xp as its already on there so shouldnt matter.

i fitted it all this morning and theres no real problems with the install, its the OS i think thats annoying me! i put it all in and it turns on. great i thought. no. damn blue screen thing. other threads said the STOP: O7E was something to do with ram, which i dont believe it is. was BN about 8 hours ago when i went and bought it. The PC starts in safe mode though, and registers that the RAM and CPU are there and are working properly etc in the system bit.

my old CPU was an intel p4 HT, and the mobo burnt out. so i replaced the lot, except the hdd. read somewhere that XP doesnt like you changing CPU brands, and someone changed something and got round it. but im puzzled!

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Jimmy_Hooooo

Jimmy_Hooooo TS Rookie Topic Starter

actually can someone delete this please?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.