New Mobo and CPU, PC won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I recieved my new ASRock 4COREDUAL-SATA2 Mobo and my Dual Core E2160 in the mail, and decided that it was time to shove my old Mobo and Processor in the closet. I then proceeded to carefully remove all of my pci and agp adapters, ram, power supply and the what not out of my casing. I then unscrewed the Mobo and took it out of the case. Placed the new one in, fitted it the I/O, and then screwed it in properly.

I then opened the processor casing, popped the processor in, pulled the level back, and secured the processor. I then installed the heatsink over the processor. Had a bit of trouble getting the pins down but I'm pretty sure that it's secure enough now. I then starting to hook up my pci and agp adapters again, then popped in my power supply and put each plug in its rightful place.

Now, my problem now is that when I press the power button. Nothing simply happens. No light on the Mobo lights up. The fans don't spin. I get nothing.

I've been grounding my fingers on the metal casing for hours, to ensure that I don't fry my hardware, and I highly doubt that I did, but I'm just getting no power here.

I thought that it may have been my power sw, hdd led, reset sw, and power led connections, but I'm after trying them in every possible position that they can go in, and nothing is changing.

This is the first PC that I've put together on my own, and I've followed both the processor and Mobo manual to a T.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

My conclusions now are that either the Mobo came broken, or I did something incredibly stupid, which probably is more likely than it isn't, since I've never installed a processor or a Mobo before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's nothing more disappointing then hooking up new hardware, and then the pc doesn't even turn on...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

and secured the processor. I then installed the heatsink over the processor.

And removed the this plastic cover to expose the thermal paste

You do have thermal paste, between the CPU and HeatSink?

Took it out of case, laid it on the anti static bag it came in. Hooked it all up again and nope, nothing.

I'm using my old motherboard and processor to type this now so I know it's not the power supply or power connectors.

Must be a faulty Mobo or Processor, or the way I installed the processor is all I can think of.

Obviously (possibly done) short the Bios jumper on board (following the manual, for how long to short, and which pins)

You may need to do the remount of the CPU (possibly done also)

And make sure you unplug everything on board (even harddrive cables; cd; .....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back