New mobo and I have a few problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I bought "Intel's Desktop Board D101GGC." After I install my new mobo, I turn on my computer and my startup screen pops up. Then I wait... and wait... and wait... for the BIOS to load. Which never happens. So I open up my computer and set my jumper for the BIOS to config. Then I start back up my computer and it loads into the BIOS setup screen. So, I try and manever around the BIOS setup but to no avail... my keyboard wouldn't work! So I open back up my computer and reset my CMOS battery and set my BIOS jumper back to normal. I wait 10 minutes and turn back on my computer. After the startup screen, it brings me to the BIOS startup screen where it says "CMOS checksum error" and "Press F1 to continue" and "Press F2 to enter BIOS setup." So I try to press F1... doesn't work... I try F2... still doesn't work! This is a brand new mobo and I'd hate to think that it's defective and have to send it back. Can anyone please help me out here? :D

My computer specs are:
Motherboard: Intel Desktop Board D101GGC
Processor: Intel Celeron D 3.06Ghz
RAM: OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 (2x1024)
Video Card: Chaintech Nvidia Geforce 6600
Keyboard: Compaq PS/2 keyboard and a wireless usb/ps/2 keyboard

First thing you do with a new board, you call the manufacturers tech support. There is a very high failure rate of new boards, and a extremely high failure rate of damage done by new users... So they will want to talk to you and help you trouble-shoot it.
Be prepared to spend some real serious time on the phone, but you will learn so much it will be worth it.
Besides you don't want a board that is not right in every way... you will find out whether it is the board or you or damage in shipping.

Ok thanks for the advice, I'll probably do that tomorrow since it's too late here in the CST. The mobo was probably damaged when it was shipped or damaged before they even sent it out because I was extremely careful with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back