New MoBo saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
I offered a new thread about the failed MoBo in my EMachine T4125 and thanks to help from my friends at TechSpot I got the new MoBo working (kind of).
First, of all when I click on "my posts" it indicates 8 responses but only 3 show up on my computer. How do I access the rest of them?
Second, Pressing F2 during the boot process gives me the BIOS SETUP UTILITY. Thats good. However, when I attempt a normal boot I get an error message which says: Windows coould not start because the following file is either missing or corrupt: System32\DRIVERS\pci.sys ...
When I boot using the disks that came with the computer doesn't solve the problem. I don't wish to drop over $200 for a new copy of XP Professional - at least until I know my hardware repairs have the machine in working order.
The setup disk for my own computer doesn't provide a temporary solution to check things out - it gives me the error message "File ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. The error code is 7." What is this all about and do I have any options? Thanks again for your help. RLR.

if you can return or sell this computer do it. Emachines are notorious for being of poor quality and cheap construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back