New Moniter Choice !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragebflame

Hi,
I have decided to purchase a new moniter and im lookin at either a 20" or 22" widescreen one. I bought a LG 22" LCD L226WTQ-SF from komplett which had good reviews but sent it back as the shadowing and ghosting were terrible in games such as cs:s and bioshock. I cant understand this as it had good specs (2ms response time, 3000:1 contrast ratio)
Can anyone recommend another moniter the definitly will not shadow in games and such ?

The lower the response time, the better. The number is followed by "ms". This is short for "Milliseconds", which is just a fraction of a second. That is basically measuring the time it takes for the screen to completely remove one image, and then display another image. Games and movies etc.. with moving images, need to be displayed, removed, and then the next one displayed.. as fast as possible. If its done very quickly, the result looks smooth and perfect. If it is not fast enough, there can be horrible results.

Ghosting - this is mostly determined by the response time which you already know about. If the monitor isn't fast enough, a moving image like a movie or game, can leave trails which really ruin the way it looks.

NOTE: The bigger the monitor, the better your PC will need to be to play games on it, at its ideal resolution. So moving up to a 24" monitor could really stress your PC out, if you wanted to play games at the monitor's native resolution. And not using a monitor at its native resolution can cause issues.

jase123,
I understand these terms. yet the moniter i returned had 2ms response time. Im just looking for a 22" moniter to replace it, one that mabye a forum member has and that plays games on so i know it wont shadow.

Thanks, I was looking a some samsung models but hey dont have as good specs. Anyone have one and play games ?

Whatever you do don't buy WH and don't get 19" or 20". 22" or bigger. Response time doesn't mean a lot if the monitor can't handle games performance.

ICPower also known as Balance has better monitor that give you the best PQ good rich vivid colors. Then a lot depends on your video card can it handle you new Monitor? I have one of those HYUNDAI Port/Landscape Monitors not bad quite fast for gaming for 19" rotator. I still prefer ICPower.. ACER is another one but you have to make sure you're happy with these monitor otherwise you'll get stuck with them.

the first one will be good enough....... but maybe have a look for a better and cheaper one, price isnt eveyrythin. Ill have a look for you but you have a look your self to and post link here and i will let you know if they will be good enough for gaming.

Regards Jase

Well if your from republic it prob will be just £8.50 if Northern then could be more. Sign up to it click here

Then add that monitor that you want to your cart then it go to cart and it will display how much you have got to pay.... Make sure you put all your details in and correct address.

Regards Jase

Ill Give that a go. Ill post back when i get it sorted, just waiting for refund money atm. Thanks jase123 for all your help.
Regards Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back