Aug 7, 2009
  1. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Good price
    Nice size @ 23 inches
    Hull HD Video
    1920 X 1080
    Three year warranty
    Poor tech support if anything goes wrong.
    They decide when it has failed the warranty.
    I would buy it based on the warranty, but in many cases they have had a tendency to blame problems on your setup or electrical connections, rather that fixing or replacing.
    Keep us informed via occasional reports if it works well for you.
    There are just not that many good deals on monitors that size.
  2. Alster37

Alster37 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 290

I will do. It seems good for the price, im getting it in september. I have heard of good reviews of it from other buyers saying the contrast is very good.
  3. Kcircyrd

Kcircyrd TS Rookie Posts: 216

Most are good, but it is the warranty, support, and service that make you wonder why you purchased one.
    When you have Samsung, HP, LG, Sony, Dell, and ASUS to choose from, and the Acer miserable tech support, and particularly bad warranty support, I see no reason to pick an Acer. The price has to be awfully good.
    Instead of hearing of good reviews, do your own research. The monitors mentioned above all have models with contrast as good or better.
    Their 3 year warranty is among the few itemsl in their favor. Ever telephone Acer support? When Acer decides whether the monitor image is bad enough to have failed or not before they offer or approve your the return authorization, that is a negative. Getting support from Acer, despite their warranty, is not an enjoyable event.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.