New MyDoom contains virus DIY info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

"It's like they wanted to help us, which is weird." - F-Secure.

The writers of the latest MyDoom worm have been particularly thoughtful - they have included a a photo of suspected Netsky worm writer Sven Jaschan and a description of the worm itself. The information supplied contains a detailed account of what MyDoom.Y does and how it works. Its almost like the virus writers wanted to help anti-virus companies to defeat the worm - something anti-virus vendors find totally X-Files.

In addition to the picture and the instructions, there are also two signatures, Nemog and Zincite. It remains to be seen whether these are plants or not. MyDoom has been declared the worst virus ever.

I'd love to read how the virus works, how the code does this and that, and such.. it'd be real interesting.

Hahaha yeah, but thats why I'll never get to see the code, and be explained how it works,etc,etc, Im not interested in making a virus, because you just go to jail for that, but to just see how it works would be cool.

Virii on computers facinate me, because I wonder how intellegent these people are. And I mean this is in all seriousness, I don't have more than introductory knowledge in programming languages so that probably helps my facination. But I tend to think these dudes have to be pretty brilliant to create them. But then again they probably have to be a bit emotionally "off" to create something with their 'brilliance' to intentionally cause harm.

[size=1]Disclaimer: I wasn't concerning myself with the technical details of the definations of intellegence and brilliance during the writing of this post.

Phew - Covered myself there from some people[/size]

I wonder are these the same people that writ into their last virus an aplication for a AV job? ill find the story later!

Viruses are interesting, there is no doubt. I'd love to know how they are written and what makes them tick.

That's probably where it starts for everyone. The difference is, some people will cross the line and use that to do harm, not caring what the consquences are, or who they hurt. And that is very wrong.

I don't think that virus writers are brilliant coders. They are individuals that have taken the time to learn their art, whilst most programmers never bother looking into what makes virii tick. If you want to find some first rate coders, then look at top games programmers or software hacking groups. There are teenage kids that have writen viruses and they aren't good programmers at all. It is far easier to write something destructive than to write something that is without bugs. There are probably some good programmers writing virii out there, but they are in the minority. Its a bit like performing magic tricks - it seems fantastic until you learn how it's done, then it doesn't seem so great any more.

Most of these big viruses are probably the work of 3 or 4 key people. Maybe some group of fairly close friends who deeply understand this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back