New nVidia ForceWare Driver v 77.72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this driver ok to install to replace original nVidia Riva tnt2 Model 64? Do I just dnld and install? Any pecularities? I don't do gaming. Thanks, Papadew

This driver should be okay. If you go to nVidia's driver downloads page it says it's okay for TNT2's. You must uninstall your present drivers before installng the new ones.

But if you don't play games and are not having any problems, I don't really see the need to update your drivers. If you were to play games, you would probably then need to update to the latest drivers.

driver upgrade

From what I gather on nVidia's site, tnt2 is no longer supported and I must use older compatible, but outdated driver upgrade. Like you say, why bother! How hard would it be to juice up my old Gateway 500hz Pent 3 80GB HD with max mem >384? Better to just buy a new tower and use existing LCD etc I would think, right? Thanks Papadew

It would be real easy to get that up to 384, may even be able to get it to 1Gig. But I think you'd be wasting your money with anything over 512 on that machine.

Also, for that old of a card, you aren't likely to see any performance upgrade with any nVidia drivers above about detnator 35s.
There are PLENTY of ones you can play with in the 35 and below range here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back