TechSpot

New OLED panels break efficacy and lifespan records

1. South Korea's largest chemical company, LG Chemical, has developed an organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panel that has light efficacy and lifespan almost equivalent to LED lighting. In particular, the new panels have luminous efficacy of 100 lumens per watt and...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

So up until today LG has been harvesting top buck for its OLED panels, and now tells us we are suckers...

Since they are claiming to start production of the new ones in November this, year, they must have known it all along, just didn't bother to share, making sure more OLED-s get sucked in at premium.

Nicely done...

3. Matt12345170

Matt12345170 TS Booster Posts: 100   +28

Efficacy - cool.

Edit: I swear it was there the whole time!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

Efficacy ;) (not fecal efficiency) :)

5. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,310   +56

I guess because they last so long, they don't know capitalism. We had a tv last 30 years and still chugging. If they knew capitalixm, they wouldn't have had to go to hi def.

6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,695   +1,882

I thought the term, "efficacy", was normally used in the context of comparing the performance of competing drugs. You know, brand name vs. generic, like that. How a drug performs in the body vs. its competitor.

Of course, many words have multiple uses in different contexts.

7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,897

Regardless the word means nothing to me. Not in my personal dictionary.