New PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorturedChaos

So my room mates boss asked me to put together a computer build and keep it around $500.00. She needs the tower built and a monitor. So this is what I have found so far. And suggestion are great.

CASE:
Rosewill R6426-P BK ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

POWER SUPPLY
COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-460-PMSR-A3 460W ATX12V V2.3 Power Supply - Retail

MOBO
GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

VIDEO CARD
ASUS EN9600GSO/DI/512MD3/V2 GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Retail

CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80571E7400 - Retail

RAM
OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

HDD
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - OEM

OPTICAL DRIVE
LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE Model GH22NP20 - OEM

MONITOR
ASUS VW195T Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

Think I got everything there. Total comes to about $550.00 including shipping.

The person that is going to be using it does do some gaming, and wants it to be able to run game decently, but not necessarily on the highest setting. The game she plays the most is World of Warcraft, which this should run it without any problems.

Also, I believe we have the OS covered.

Anyways, like I said any substations would be grate.

Thanks in advance.

I recommend this build instead:
Grand Total = $550 approximately, not counting rebates. Shipping is free on all but two items. The above would make for a much faster and longer-lasting PC IMO. The DVD drive is upto you. You can go with a cheaper HDD if you don't need all that HDD space. The amount you save from the latter will likely cover the cost of the DVD drive. I recommend this 250GB drive as a better alternative compared to that Seagate drive you have picked.

Thanks for the input. Going to take a look at that and come up with a new build. Found out she want it to run Oblivion smoothly, and Diablo 3 when it comes out. Any one know if blizzard has released the system requirements for Diablo 3 yet? Couldn't find anything definitive on google.

Oblivion will run smoothly on near-maximum settings on that rig, provided you keep AA off.

As for Diablo III, Blizzard has yet to release any details, since the game is about 2-3 years away. I doubt they will be very high though; Blizzard will want to ensure maximum playability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back