New PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, like many other posts, I am looking into constructing a new PC. My current build, while not all that outdated, needs to be improved and I want to be ready for future developments.

I have focused on the AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ because it seems to be the most cost effective. I want to group it with an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe mobo, and grab an Asus extreme 7800gt/2dHtv(256mb) pci-express graphics card. I am concerned with the cooling and powering of this monster though. What kind of power supply voltage/current should I be looking for, and any special cooling techniques?

From the other posts I have read through, this seems to be the most recommended setup for building on a loose budget. (though the graphics card came across a bit extensive, any other suggestions?) The purpose of the computer is for daily use, nothing very extensive, geared toward gaming.

Thanks for any input!

If it's not for games don't get an SLI board and don't get a 7800GT. You could get something like a 6800GS or event a 6600GT and be fine with games.

For a PSU, Antec or Seasonic are good choices. The PSU will last a while so it's a good idea to spend a little extra on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back