New PC gitters SoS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wotrop

Hey guys!
I recently decided to build a computer for my own personal use. So I took all of the information that I could find on the net about building them and studied.

I had planed to make a semi gaming machine so it would go a few times around the block.

But I'm stuck. I don't know what prosessor to use. Do note that I am on a serious buget.

I have narrowed it down to:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ to 3200+
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
Intel P4 3.0 to 3.2

I have an ATI 9600 And a phantom B case already.
a 52x HP cd rom drive and a BenQ all in 1

Do note I am in canada. And I don't want to pay duty. It's a pain.

I herd that If U don't use the 64 bit aspect of the athlon 64 it puts less strain on the prosessor and thus better overclocking, is this true? :confused:

The XP 3200+ is a good bet, especially since you have a budget video card. Thats all the processor you need unless you are going to be a serious gamer, then Id get a 64 bit chip.

Hey man
Building your own rig is a daunting task for a lot of ppl . Even guys who have done it many times. Its a long process to do it correctly and to research the effects of static electricity on icu's :p what specific hardware you want to buy. How you want your Rig to respond.
Cost v.s performance ratio functionallity and a lot of other factors which u need to consider. blah blah i can go on forever lol.

there are few companys i order from in toronto and vancouver
to name a few
www.atic.ca
www.canadacomputers.com
www.bigfootcomputers.com

these are reputible companys i have been dealing with for years - if you have any questions feel free to msn me and il see what info i can find for you. jasontucker29@hotmail.com

Cheers

I found a store only 1 city away that has X300's for about 85$ The card has some good reviews on it. The store has some good prices as well. Same canadian as amarican :D

The X300 pro FX card 64bit. So I should go with the Athlon 64?

But what about overclocking.
I have 3 fans in my case and I can add 4 more. Thats a cooling solution. :cool:

O and by the way... 1/2 my peeps have built computers as a profession. And to think that their not fat. :eek:

But the Xp 3200+ is more expensive than the 64 3200+

I'm confused :giddy: :suspiciou

I'm in toronto so the store thing is no problem. I can get my stuff cheep it's just what stuff do I get?

What is your budget?
What kind of system are u looking to build.
Try college/spadina down in china town there are some sweet stores with great deals down there. Let me know what u r looking for- maybe we can search for some good prices/deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back