New PC, problem with keyboard cutting in and out

I just got a new pc, it came with windows 8.1 but I instantly upgraded to windows 10 when I booted it up. Since then, I have have intermittent keyboard problems. Every couple of minutes, for anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes, the keyboard will completely stop responding to my commands, and either do nothing or repeat the last command as if I was holding that button down. It seems to happen at totally random times. Sometimes when it happens it won't ever end and I have to manually reboot. It is extremely annoying and I cannot figure out what is causing it. When it first started happening, each (useless) button press would elicit a little bleep-bloop noise from my computer a half second after the button press. It no longer does this.

This I have ruled out/already tried:

It's not my keyboard itself, I have tried it with three separate ones, including one that I used in another system afterwards with no problems.

It's not stickykeys or any of those ease of access things, it was my first guess and I quadruple-checked that, they are all turned off.

It's not my USB slot, I have tired every USB slot I have, including all the ones on my motherboard that I know work because one of them controls my mouse, which doesn't stop working even when my keyboard does. In fact, my mouse has buttons on it which are mapped to keystrokes, and during one of these "events" the mouse still works,and anything I am doing is still running (video still plays, windows move like they usually do, games still run etc) but those buttons do not.

I have also tried to restart multiple times to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your help, it is much appreciated!

Sound like maybe a few files were corrupted. During the install of Win 10. Try running a refresh of Win 10 see if that solves the problem.

Back