New PC with no Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmanp01

Hi All,

I've just built myself a desktop but when i power it i amgetting no display.
Everything seems to be powering up. So first i thought some wrong connection so rechecked everything.

Then did the following checks:

Swaped the memory -- didn't work
Swaped the motherboard -- didn't work
Swaped the processor -- didn't work

Is there somthing that i am not doing right?

Please any advise will be appricated.

Thanks

Patrick

Have you worked through the entire troubleshooting list at the motherboard manufacturer's site. The problem is often so simple that you overlook it. Since you have a total failure on two boards, you have to look at other common errors. Whatever is the problem, you missed it.
What is your motherboard? and what graphics card are you installing? How did you locate a second board?
Do you ever get a screen that lights up a wee bit?
These problem are always highly frustrating, leading to simple mistakes. I always have to make a list then keep notes to that list. Cable connections. Hard drive. CPU thermal Paste. CPU bent pins. CPU fan. Simple graphics card. One memory module at a time. Power supply. Grounded component. Power switch or wires between switch and motherboard. Grounded wire in case.
Making a list, then checking it twice, rethinking each component at a time instead of all problems at once. Narrow it down to parts you can thoroughly analyze, then trade out simpler devices.
Do your thinking when you are rested, and not frustrated. This is a job for thinking things through.

Hi Kcircyrd,

Thanks for the reply and the info.
I've managed to fixed the problem it's the wrong frequency memory caused the problem.
Change the memory with correct motherboard frequency memory and it worked like a dream.

many theanks for the reply.

Patrick

I agree. I remembered the old saying RTFM (If all fail Read The F***ing Manual)

Funny how the small think drive around the bend.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back