New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`m thinking to buy new alienware desktop PC. Any comments on how they perform and customizing are welcome.
Thanks.

I don't have any experience with Alienware. But i m sure you can get alot of customer comemts by searching for "opinions+alienware" or "reviews+alienware" at any major search engines.
google.gif

If I was going to purchase a pre-built PC it would be Alienware, and they are the ONLY pre-built PC I would purchase (IF!), but I doubt I ever will again. Though, if I was filthy rich I would purchase about 5 just for kicks and giggles (and gaming of course) :p.

Originally posted by acidosmosis
If I was going to purchase a pre-built PC it would be Alienware, and they are the ONLY pre-built PC I would purchase (IF!), but I doubt I ever will again. Though, if I was filthy rich I would purchase about 5 just for kicks and giggles (and gaming of course) :p.

An Alienware would be a good computer to win in a contest. I would never buy one. If I was filthy rich I'd have my own computer invented for me :rolleyes: And get me one of those nice go-L Grand Canyon displays (the one you offered marriage of any earthly being if they bought it for you, Acid). And that would just be for the computer in my bathroom or something...

They're great PCs however are far more expensive then what you could make on your own.

If you must buy a retail computer, I'd without-a-doubt get one from Alienware :grinthumb

Falcon Northwest is up there with Alienware, however I think Alienware have a better name + cooler cases :D

Originally posted by ---agissi---
Falcon Northwest is up there with Alienware, however I think Alienware have a better name + cooler cases :D

wut are you talking about? have you seen the paintjobs done by alienware? they are second to none. with alienware you get a selection of solid colours. with falcon the possibilities are endless. if i get a falcon im putting hilary duff on one side and amanda bynes on the other

I was looking at some alienware stats online and the P4 version was using a Intel Motherboard. Intel designs their motherboards for stability more than frames pers second and only has limited overclocking ability. Intel has really stable motherboards for the most part. They were using the version of the 875 chipset with no integrated sound.

I dont care much for their funky looking cases.

but what good is your kickass new rig gonna be if you dont have a distinctive case to go with it? falcon-nw is as distinct as you can get. and the paint they use cost $399 a pint, plus 6 coats of clear gloss clearcoat

Originally posted by somekid007
but what good is your kickass new rig gonna be if you dont have a distinctive case to go with it? falcon-nw is as distinct as you can get. and the paint they use cost $399 a pint, plus 6 coats of clear gloss clearcoat

I can build nearly twice the rig for the same money you spend on your rig in your shiny, pretty case with all the lights and stuff.
And last time I checked, paint and lights did nothing to enhance performance, notr did it do anything to aid cooling. :eek: Imagine that.

Originally posted by StormBringer
I can build nearly twice the rig for the same money you spend on your rig in your shiny, pretty case with all the lights and stuff.
And last time I checked, paint and lights did nothing to enhance performance, notr did it do anything to aid cooling. :eek: Imagine that.

true, but once you get to a certain point, you can spend $$$ and you get like an extra 2fps, btw your eye cant tell past 13fps if im not mistaken. so instead all the extra vapo chill and performance mods, why dont you make it aesthetically pleasant to the eye? i would pay extra for something that doubles as a work of art, wouldnt you?

Originally posted by somekid007
, btw your eye cant tell past 13fps if im not mistaken

~65fps is the limit of the human eye(if you have really good vision).

The rest of that statement is speculation and subject to the use of the machine. If you only game, then yes, you'll hit a point where you will not gain anything, except maybe the ability to play a few more future titles before needing to upgrade. Although, if you do heavy multimedia work, image editing, etc, you can always use a few extra MB of RAM, or a few extra cycles in order to work more efficiently.

alienware are damn good - but Voodoo PCs in Canada do a f**kin brillient Athlon FX-51 model - yellow coolermaster case wif window & bright green watercooling system - its that NICEST machine i have EVER seen - oh and the fastest desktop on the planet....

Steg

yah, Voodoo PCs, along with wheat, timber, bacon and weed are best when it comes from canada. i dont kno why they are so expensive. i still like the custom jobs done by falcon nw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back