XtR-X

I don't know exactly why this is happening, but when I return to the forum sometimes, nothing is marked as new. Other times it is. Like, the next day I come back. There are new posts but no new post notification on topic and post.

It's kind of nice to know what's marked as new, so you can see what posts have been recently active.

I was hoping maybe you guys could investigate.

Thanks alot. :)

Firstly, the "new" status of all posts is cleared for you when you log out or your session expires (the latter feature is a bit silly IMO). So if you just close your browser you miss all the "new" posts that are made between your leaving and the session timing out. Better do the logout every time you leave.

Secondly, it may be that your browser cache or proxy server is playing tricks on you.

Aww man... I don't like having to type my login info all the time... :(

I didn't have to do that a long time ago....

You can also click on Mark all forum Read at the bottom of the page. That's what I do, so that way they are all marked done and next time you come back there will only be the new posts.

Hmm, Julio; you should ask Storagereview how their forum is setup, their forum does remember what topics you have read..

Even if you login to a new computer with your account....

But perhaps this will be too much processing for the Techspot01 server to keep track of?

Back