New PSU, Still No Power! LED codes?

By Ideologic
Nov 11, 2007
  1. As stated, my suspicion was that my PSU failed suddenly last week. My girlfriend was typing a paper for school when we heard a "POP" come from my case, followed by sudden shutdown. No response whatsoever power-wise. So I ordered a sweet new Seasonic 330W PSU from Newegg and put it in myself when it came. After having hooked it up, I get no case LEDs, no case fans, no response whatsoever other than when I turn the I/O switch on on the new PSU, the green LED comes on on my Motherboard.

Being that I can't find my motherboard manual, and I can't find the LED trouble codes on the Asus website, what do you guys think my problem is? My Motherboard is an Asus P4P800 Deluxe. The LED is flashing at a constant rate when I turn the power on, probably once every second or a little less.
  2. Fragrant Coit

Fragrant Coit TS Guru Posts: 363

It's quite possible that the PSU took the motherboard with it when it blew.

Unplug all peripherals - CD, HDD, any PCI Cards, and if it still won't post, then the board is gone.

S478's are only available 2nd hand, so it's either time to upgrade, or search Classifieds / EBay.
  3. swker98

swker98 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,077

i agree, take out the ram and see if it will beep if not then the power supply probably took the motherboard with it
  4. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

Very possible. Remove anything that is non essential (HDD, CD w.e.) and attempt to boot. If it doesn't post than it is the motherboard.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.