New rig won't turn on...help is appreciated.

By Nm24
Nov 30, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentium D Dual Core 3.2ghz
    nForce680i SE SLI (EVGA)
    7900GTX GDDR3 512mb (2)
    2 gig ram
    Western Digital Raptor 10,000rpm 150gb
    700wat OCZ GameXStream

Thats my current rig, I can't seem to figure out whats wrong with my setup, but it won't start up. The LED on the motherboard lights up but when I go to hit power button on the case nothing happens.

This is the first rig I have built by myself, so it could be a number of mistakes. Any Help will be appreciated, as I have been working on this problem for about 7 hours now...with no solution in sight.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/886/img00826nd2.jpg
    http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7581/img00823xz3.jpg
  2. Op2

Op2 Newcomer, in training Posts: 99

Are you using the right kind of RAM?
  3. Nm24

Nm24 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

They are Nanya and I'm pretty sure they are the right ram, they fit in the mobo and have the proper supported speeds. Heres what the sticker says...

NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C
    1gb 2Rx8
    PC2-5300u-555-12-E1
  4. Nm24

is it possible the motherboard is defective? Because I can just return and see if thats the problem.
  5. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TechSpot Maniac Posts: 544

Did you follow the motherboard manual and connect all the leads for the case (power button, HDD light, speaker, reset, etc)?
  6. Nm24

Yes...I checked those about 40 times too. haha. I'm pretty sure they are in right.

Right now I just have the Power button one in. And i'm 1000% sure it's in right. =P
  7. sghiznaneck

sghiznaneck TechSpot Maniac Posts: 544

Well, about the only other things it could be is either the power supply or a faulty motherboard. If you don't have a power supply tester (most people don't), then you could try swapping it out with a friend's power supply. If it works in their computer, it's more than likely a faulty board.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.