New router slow down speed

Kothas

Hello,
recently my old router died, so I bought the new one. I connected it to my PC, entered my ISP information. It's working, but kinda slowly. My ISP speed used to be 10MB/s, but now I'm downloading torrents only with 1MB/s. Task manager shows that network is used by 10% since I have my adapers speed and duplex set to auto negotation. Do you have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I use cable connection.

I did this configurations and disabled it on the router, but I still get 1MB/s. Maybe router has duplex configs too? But I coulnd't find it anywhere... When I'm doing speed test, I only get 10% network usage in the task manager.

Sorry for double post.
I have found this option page:
2eVZgyx.png

I try to edit default bandwidth, but I just can't set different values, because when I save or apply settings no new values are set up.

Speed from Seattle:
Your Speed Result:
Download Speed: 9183 kbps (1147.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 6713 kbps (839.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

So again, it shows that I have 1MB/s connection, while I used to have 10MB/s before changing router. I believe that router is limiting my bandwidth, how could I make my speed such as it used to be?

Go to www.nirsoft.net
on the left, find NETWORK TOOLS
pick the first one (CurrPorts), download and install it

run it as admin

The Options Menu->Auto Refresh can be set to the resample time.
for just now, set none until you see how to use this tool.

click on the column heading Remote Address (twice) and you get the IP addresses to which you have connections at this moment.

you will see many like [::]:0 ... these are null IPv6 and are just like the 127.0.0.1:nnnn lines . . . just local services on your PC - - ignore all of these

you're looking for anything other than those and not 0.0.0.0
I have exactly one showing 77.234.43.55:80 - - the first column tells me that is my AvastSvc (anti virus) program [it filters both email and url accesses]

If you see an IP address you don't understand and it's a program you didn't install, you can do two things
  1. close the socket it is using: right-click on the program->Close Connections
  2. kill that program (if you ran CurrPorts from Admin): ->Kill
you can also get to the properties to determine more about it
right-click->properties (the very last in the menu) to get a summary
right-click->Process Properties which is what we normally see in windows.

Go to www.nirsoft.net
on the left, find NETWORK TOOLS
pick the first one (CurrPorts), download and install it

run it as admin

The Options Menu->Auto Refresh can be set to the resample time.
for just now, set none until you see how to use this tool.

click on the column heading Remote Address (twice) and you get the IP addresses to which you have connections at this moment.

you will see many like [::]:0 ... these are null IPv6 and are just like the 127.0.0.1:nnnn lines . . . just local services on your PC - - ignore all of these

you're looking for anything other than those and not 0.0.0.0
I have exactly one showing 77.234.43.55:80 - - the first column tells me that is my AvastSvc (anti virus) program [it filters both email and url accesses]

If you see an IP address you don't understand and it's a program you didn't install, you can do two things
  1. close the socket it is using: right-click on the program->Close Connections
  2. kill that program (if you ran CurrPorts from Admin): ->Kill
you can also get to the properties to determine more about it
right-click->properties (the very last in the menu) to get a summary
right-click->Process Properties which is what we normally see in windows.
I have downloaded this program x64 version and extracted. I lanched it with "Run as administrator", but when I try to unknown connection's I get error "Failed to close on or more TCP connections. Be aware that you must run this tool as admin in order to close TCP connections."
Also, I get many connections and I don't know which ones should be closed. There are many svhost.exe and Unknown connections. Also, I want to ask what to do with router. Maybe it have some restrictions as I mentioned in the last replay with that settings that I can't change?

Yes I understand you want the bandwidth back to normal, but as noted in the link
you could have several conditions needing to be addressed.

Two symptoms are now evident
  1. you are not running the CurrPorts as Admin even though you tried to do so (otherwise you could use all the features.
  2. if you can't alter settings in the router, save them and see them being used - - ouch, this is a major problem.
Addressing (2): I would hard reset the router with the reset button (usually a small hole near the power slot and you use a paper clip to push and hold for 10 seconds.

Start over.

Ok, I will definitely do these things tomorrow. Just want to add one more thing. When I connected to ISP without router, directly with ethernet cable, speed was the same, 1MB/s so I guess that the problem should be with my PC or cable :/

Back