New Sapphire Radeon9600pro 256mb LOW FPS in OpenGL Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strykerr

Hey, I'm new to the forums. I would just like to ask if there are any specific drivers that would work best with this card. I currently use the 5.5 Catalyst and in Counter-strike 1.6, i drop to about 50fps when i look across a far map, or see more than 4 ppl on my screen. I never had that with my Fx5200 128mb. I tried running it in D3D and it's even worse. Any settings that could possible make it smoother, but not have like random wierd texture colours around the map like when I try to put it on Optimal Performance?

Here are my Specs

Intel Pentium 4 Processor @ 2.6Ghz Hyper Threading
512 Mb Crucial pc-2700
Radeon 9600pro 256mb - AGP 8X Enabled - 256mb Aperature
Asus-P4P800
Windows Professional w/ SP2
Ingame CS - 800x600 @ 100hz
Onboard Soundmax Audio

I don't know what else there is, but if I missed something please ask for it, because i really do not understand why my FPS is more brutal than a Fx5200..

You're new graphics card is a lot better than a FX5200. The problem should be software. Did you uninstall the nvidia drivers before you installed the ATI ones? If you didn't you should uninstall both drivers, then install the ATI ones again.

Yes I have tried that. I even tried using the Omega drivers provided at www.omegadrivers.net or something like that. I also forgot to include that i have DirectX 9.0c. Anybody else have any suggestions? I was just playing at my friends house, with an

A7N8X-X Mobo
AMD @ 1.4Ghz or somehwere near that
512Mb Ram
GeForce Fx5200 128mb ( My Old Card )

It worked like a charm, even though the 9600 should overpower it. I was experiencing at the same settings as at home, 80-100FPS. Where as at home, 50Fps Looking from 1side of the map 2 another, or 4+ players on one screen. If anybody has any suggestions please reply ASAP. Thnx

Yes, TRUFORM is Turned Off. These are all my settings up to date.

Anti-Aliasing - Let the app. decide
Anisotropic Filtering - Let the app. decide
Catalyst A.I - Standard
Mipmap Detail Level - Quality
Truform - Always Off ( Performance )
Wait for vertical refresh - Off, unless application specifies.
AGP 8X

Thats all i can tell you right now but, is there a way to turn off AA and AF? Is that what Let the application decide mean? Please reply back!

This usually fixes all problems: do a clean installation of windows, install latest service pack, install latest direct x, install the latest drivers for ALL hardware.

I usually reinstall windows 3 or 4 times a year, and usually after the hardware has changed.

You might also have spyware or other similar programs running in the backgound draining resorces that you're not aware of. Reinstalling gets rid of all this muck.

Hmm... I just reformated my computer 1week ago, and it took a REALLY long time to get all my hardware installed, music, programs, games to get back in there :p I don't know, it takes alot of time, and what if it doesn nothing at all.
Time well wasted :p

I didn't mean for you to reformat your hard disk. That doesn't achieve anything unless a part of the disk is corrupted. I've reinstalled windows so many times, i can now do it with such minimal fuss and effort. It would take so long to install all my games every time - i just keep all the game files and back up the games' registry info. I can have all my games installed properly in about 1 min :)

And try not to create multiple posts. Use the "Edit" button.

Then what do you mean by "This usually fixes all problems: do a clean installation of windows"? I don't understand, not very smart with computers. I have very little experience at the age of 14 :p

I just mean that when somthing goes wrong or windows just falls to pieces (for whatever reason), it is usually easier to reinstall windows rather than try to repair it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back