New smartphone needed

AT&T service

I have had an IPhone, found they are fragile, have bad battery life.

I do need to access personal email

Do not need to edit documents

I would prefer a micro sim

Either a long battery life or a easy way to switch them out

I do play a few games on my moble

Any advice?

...Budget? You realise any smartphone with removable battery will satisfy your requirements.

No budget, and no, not "any phone". Just about narrowed it down to android, just don't know what phone is "better" and I don't want an awful phone for two years

Btw: battery life is directly related to the kinds of service you enable by default. These are known to be battery-life-suckers:
  • enabling location services for everything; restrict to only mapping is a great savings
  • disable chat/email PUSH and use only PULL. (ie: don't arm access just to get notification, just enable when you access the service itself
  • surprise, pictures frequently enable location services too, so disable that too.
  • unless you plan on accessing a hotspot or your home router, disable wifi
  • and also consider disabling Bluetooth unless you have an earpiece.

Bang for buck = moto g ( can not remove battery, but lasts 2 days under normal use for me)

Money no issues = HTC one M8

Get S5 then.
  • Overall good product
  • Water resistance rating
  • I'm sure there's an avid modding community out there.
  • Removable battery, with battery save mode on stock ROM.

Bang for buck = moto g ( can not remove battery, but lasts 2 days under normal use for me)

Money no issues = HTC one M8
I have a moto-g and find most other phones laughable for normal users. excellent phone all around and it's tough. dropped mine face first and heard that dreaded "smack" of everything breaking. absolutely nothing happened it. IF it ever falls apart I'll get another one

Back